Aug 23, 2011

UK Cover!

First, thanks to those who came by yesterday. Welcome, fifteen new followers! I have another home on the web, but this is a much easier platform for me to keep updated. And I get to see your smiling faces here.



A week ago, my wonderful publisher in the UK released this gorgeous cover for UNDER THE NEVER SKY. Having an art background, I immediately thought of art nouveau print artist Alfonse Mucha, of whom I'm a huge fan. The cover composition, the circle in the background, the palette and romantic feel reminds me so much of modernized, but still somehow retro Mucha.

Atom, for the stunning cover, Muchas gracias. (I'm so sorry. I couldn't help myself.)


Speaking seriously, I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it IS art nouveau, and I just clicked through and then got lost for ages browing the gallery on the Mucha website. How amazing, to have a cover that draws your mind to an artist like that! And two have two such awesome covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie. And, Amie--I know! I did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover was what caught me, and seeing the US cover I can say is that as pretty as it is, it would not have caught my interest. Looking forward to UK TTEN, which is the one available for me here in Finland when it releases. And to the content of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the book and i kenw by just looking at the cover that this book would be the best thing since Powder chocolate milk!!! Make a movie PLEASE it would be gorge thank you Mrs.Roosi for being so inspiring, and good look with other books in the future!

    ReplyDelete